BlueSnap’s policy on privacy and personal information use (Ver. 1.9 Date: July 10, 2014)
BlueSnap respects each individual's right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information through our website including registration forms, inquiry forms, product transaction forms, mobile and API services only in the ways disclosed in this statement.
BlueSnap complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. BlueSnap, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view BlueSnap, Inc.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
BlueSnap does not actively market to children and we never knowingly ask a child under 13 to divulge personal information. Services and Information available to registered users on this site are NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY ANY PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
Please note that if it comes to our attention through reliable means that a registered user is under 18, we will cancel that user’s account. Online payment transaction forms are not provided for use in any event by persons under 18 years of age.
Part I. Information collection
BlueSnap collects information through its website and related eCommerce services at several points.
- We collect the following information about casual web site visitors: the IP address of the visiting machine for "geographic" statistical purposes. We may also collect names and email addresses that our users voluntarily divulge about themselves, when they contact us regarding our services, and others, such as referrals or business leads.
- We also collect user registration data such as name, email address, phone number and address when merchants, product suppliers or affiliates register to use BlueSnap eCommerce services by means of voluntary submission forms for the purpose of providing such users with our services. Information is also collected from online forms completed by people wishing to learn more about the BlueSnap product or from emails sent to BlueSnap.
- BlueSnap also collects personal and payment information from online transaction forms including those generated through BlueSnap APIs and completed by end customers using BlueSnap’s eCommerce services to buy products, subscriptions and services ("Products") from product suppliers selling their products through BlueSnap.
- To receive Products sold through BlueSnap and eCommerce services provided by BlueSnap, personal information is required because it is used to accurately build a customer profile and for ongoing communication with customers and product suppliers. Other information we request is optional.
- We also provide you the opportunity to add additional users to your account. When you add a user to your account we will collect personal information such as name and email address. If you have been added to an account and wish to access your personal information in order to update or delete it you should first contact the account administrator. You may also contact us at PrivacyOptions@bluesnap.com
CookiesImportant Note: Please click here for further cookie information applicable to certain European Union countries.
- BlueSnap employs cookies. A cookie is a small text, graphic or flash file that our Web servers place on a user's computer hard drive or other web-based device to act as a unique identifier. Cookies may also enable BlueSnap to automatically login a user back to our services provided he/she choose to enable such option. BlueSnap cookies do not have an expiration date. Our cookies may collect personally identifiable information, including the username and password to support optional automatic logon. Cookies may also be used to identify and track transactions introduced by recognized BlueSnap affiliates. Information such as pages visited, country, dates and times are also collected via clickstream tracking, cookies, flash cookies, automatic logging files, and other similar methods.
- We use locally shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to facilitate fraud prevention on our payment pages. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies clickClick here.
- BlueSnap may also collect the following information about software and online service users: the IP address of the visiting machine and the computer host name for "geographic" statistical purposes and account verification only; we also collect the usage of previously identified software actions and activities for the purpose of piracy protection, and to enable BlueSnap pay-per-use functionality.
- We employ and our third party email service partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site and newsletters by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
- We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Part II. Information usage
- The information collected by BlueSnap, Inc. will be used by BlueSnap in conjunction with the terms specified in this document. Users who provide information may receive email announcements regarding BlueSnap's services from time to time.
- Registered product suppliers may receive additional announcements from BlueSnap about transactions generated through BlueSnap eCommerce services, instant notifications, BlueSnap service changes, revisions and updates, affiliate product opportunities, services, legal notices, special offers, and a newsletter.
- BlueSnap may also use personal information to provide announcements about functions or services that users are registered to use, about any user account they may create, about fulfillment of a specific transaction that may be requested, or about other significant developments that may affect use of the Site and or eCommerce services. Users cannot normally opt-out of this kind of email communication.
- Information we collect from customers may be used to create online invoices, transaction confirmation notices, delivery of licenses, access keys and product download files and associated documentation, subscription accounts, instant notifications relating to such transactions, refunds and refund notices, warranty and dispute records, and customer profiles based on browsing or purchasing history. As BlueSnap is acting as payment service provider, merchant and/or reseller for product suppliers we need to share relevant customer information with the specific product supplier involved in the transaction in order for them to fulfill the transaction. Such information, if provided to product suppliers, is supplied on the condition that it should not be used for spamming or direct marketing by another party.
- Out of respect for the privacy of our Customers we present the option to opt out of any mailing lists operated by BlueSnap or relevant product suppliers as set out in the Opt Out section of this policy.
Personal payment information such as credit card numbers, bank account information, name, email address and phone number is routinely collected and passed on to authorized payment processors in order to make payments sanctioned by BlueSnap customers. Such information is handled through industry standard secure protocols such as SSL and where appropriate in accordance with relevant Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards. Such information may also be passed when making payment via BlueSnap through mobile devices.
Such data may also be encrypted and securely stored by BlueSnap and appropriate merchants and product suppliers in accordance with PCI standards. When expressly directed and approved by a customer it may be used to generate recurring or new transactions as requested by such customer. Transaction details may also be passed to relevant taxation authorities in respect of sales taxes, VAT, withholding tax, and other relevant taxes and duties.
We use other third parties such as a service provider to provide you with support when using our site and including the use of live chat software. When you sign up for our services we will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
Affiliate tracking information
Certain product transactions may have taken place following a valid referral by a recognized affiliate introduction. In such cases basic non-personal information about the transaction will be tracked and passed to the relevant affiliate so that their role in the sale can be recorded and any due affiliate commission paid over at the relevant time.
Forums and Group Boards
The BlueSnap website offers forums and message boards. Please be advised that information voluntarily posted in these venues becomes public knowledge. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at PrivacyOptions@bluesnap.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We offer links to other websites including those of product suppliers. Please note: when clicking on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
Compliance with court orders & law enforcement agencies
BlueSnap may disclose personal information without notification in order to comply with a legal requirement, court order or subpoena, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others or investigate fraud or to cooperate with law enforcement or government agencies.
Merger, sale and/or transfer of corporate assets or reorganization
BlueSnap may transfer information as part of any corporate merger, sale, acquisition, transfer or assets or reorganization without notice. Such transfer will be on the basis of the continuation of all privacy rights set out in this document. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Changes in this policy & notification
BlueSnap reserves the right to change this policy as and when it sees fit. If our policy on information collection or uses changes, we will advise you by posting a dated copy here or if you are a registered BlueSnap user then you will also be advised via email. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective.
Opt out process
Customers have the option not to be added to mailing lists operated by BlueSnap or the product supplier. In the case of opt out such decision will be relayed to the relevant Product Supplier. To exercise your opt out rights please send an email to us at PrivacyOptions@bluesnap.comrequesting that you personal information be deleted from any mailing lists operated by BlueSnap or your Product Supplier. BlueSnap will act on your request and inform your Product Supplier of your request and of the need to fully respect your decision. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in each of the emails you receive.
California privacy rights
Residents of the State of California under the California Civil Code have the right to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the past year. If you want a copy of the information disclosure provided by this Site then send your request to:BlueSnap, Inc. 1999 South Bascom Ave, Suite 600, Campbell, CA 95008, U.S.A
Part III. Access to information
BlueSnap, Inc. maintains the accuracy of our information by providing users instant access to it and allowing updates to take effect immediately. Registered users may access their own personal information via our login pages, both for customers and merchants and update any inaccuracies they may find. Users may choose to remove their information from our database by contacting us in writing at: BlueSnap, Inc. 1999 South Bascom Ave, Suite 600, Campbell, CA 95008, U.S.A . We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal and tax obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Part IV. Problem resolution
If problems arise, customers and merchants may contact BlueSnap by phone, email or mail, see here for more information. We are committed to resolving disputes within 2 business days.
Part V. Data storage and security
BlueSnap protects user information both in our servers and on the users computer with the following industry standard security measures: registry data encryption, data file encryption, secure servers, firewalls, SSL encryption and other proprietary technologies and procedures used to protect consumer privacy. If you have any further questions about privacy or security, please contact us by sending an email to:Security@bluesnap.com.
v1.8 July 7, 2013
v1.7 December 2, 2012
v1.6 November 12, 2012*
v1.5 April 10, 2012
v1.4 March 1, 2010
v1.3 February 12, 2007
*References to BlueSnap Inc. added April 3rd, 2012