BlueSnap is seeking a Director of Risk Underwriting who will be part of the Risk & Fraud Management team, and will be responsible for managing the underwriting of all merchant candidates. The primary responsibility of the Underwriting function is to perform KYC/AML reviews and a credit review of merchant candidates (all are Card Not Present CNP) wanting to board to the BlueSnap All-in-one platform. These activities make up a key part of the onboarding decision making process at BlueSnap. The Director of Risk Underwriting is proactive, results oriented and is expected to be able to manage a small global team and work independently, to conduct moderate to complex risk analyses, and to present the analytical findings to the management team. This role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to details, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role works closely with the Sales and Merchant Support teams and is responsible for understanding, improving and documenting the underwriting process.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
- Knowledge of AML, KYC, PCI, OFAC, MC/Visa compliance and equivalents in all relevant Domestic and International markets
- Experience with underwriting Card Not Present (CNP) merchants
- Responsible for analyzing risk of the BlueSnap merchant portfolio
- Periodic Review of and reporting on existing merchants to ensure compliance with card scheme rules and regulations
- Assist in the analysis of chargeback exposure, merchant payout timing, and required reserves
- Train and manage underwriting team on the proper use of 3rd party validation tools, card scheme compliance matters, and the underwriting process and procedures.
- Identify and manage risk, escalating where appropriate. Ensure processes operate as designed and that key indicators are in place to facilitate reliable analysis of the BlueSnap merchant portfolio.
- Ability to work with and influence senior management regarding risk and compliance issues
- Experience with online/card not present merchants in electronic/digital commerce channels.
- Persistent and results focused – must be able to deliver results
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills – needs to excel in fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in credit, underwriting, and risk management preferably in the CNP payments industry and preferably managing the entire risk life cycle of customer accounts.
- 2+ years managing and motivating a small team
- Excellent written, verbal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Process orientation with a desire to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Attention to details
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Skilled communicator with ability to influence others
- Proficient use of Excel and other MS Office applications.
- 4-year college degree
- Versed on Third Party Underwriting/Risk Solution Programs preferred
- In depth knowledge of card transactions and Visa/MasterCard regulations strongly preferred
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org