BlueSnap is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic IT Engineer who will work as a member of our global IT team with a focus on US support.
This position is located in Waltham, MA.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Act as one of the main IT contacts for the Waltham office assisting employees with their IT needs
- Deliver first-class work on tight schedules
- Maintain and deploy new hardware and software on desktops and servers
- OS Installation, patching and day-to-day operations and maintenance including Backup, DR, Monitoring, upgrades etc.
- Support other functions of the IT team as required (i.e. desktop support, server support, mobile device support, WIFI, etc.)
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Monitor and audit of system patches
- Monitor and manage alerts and notifications within the IT and security infrastructure
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, networking, User Authentication, DNS, system imaging/build automation)
Skills & Experience
- 1 to 3 years working as an IT engineer in desktop and/or server administration
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange/365
- Experience with Windows and MacOS workstation management
- Knowledge of OS and Endpoint security (Windows/MacOS and network hardening)
- Experience with scripting and automations
- Desired experience with RedHat, CentOS Linux
- Desired experience with Virtualization, specifically VMWare
- Desired experience with storages like NetApp (NAS & SAN)
- Desired experience with Apache & Tomcat configurations and web server admin tasks
- Self-motivated, accountable, and having a sense of ownership; take pride in what you deliver
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Industry Certification (preferred): Microsoft, Networking, VMWare, Cisco, Security, Citrix, Linux, etc.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org