BlueSnap is seeking a Risk Underwriter who will be part of Risk & Fraud Management team, which is responsible for the underwriting and ongoing risk monitoring of our Card Not Present (CNP) merchant portfolio. The primary responsibility of this role is to underwrite and perform a credit review of eCommerce merchants wanting to board to the BlueSnap platform, and to gather required know your customer (“KYC”) and anti-money laundering (“AML”) information. These activities make up a key part of the onboarding decision making process at BlueSnap. The Risk Underwriter is proactive, results oriented and is expected to be able to work independently, to conduct moderate to complex risk analysis, and to present the analytical findings to the management team. This role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to details, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role works closely with the Sales and Merchant Support teams and is responsible for understanding and improving the underwriting process.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Key Responsibilities and Experience:
- Merchant Underwriting and ongoing periodic reviews
- Knowledge of AML, KYC, PCI, OFAC, MC/Visa compliance and equivalents in all relevant Domestic and International markets
- Experience with Card Not Present (CNP) merchants
- Responsible for analyzing risk of the BlueSnap merchant portfolio
- Periodic Review of and reporting on existing merchants to ensure compliance with card scheme rules and regulations.
- Assist in the analysis of chargeback exposure and merchant payout timing
- Identify and manage risk, escalating where appropriate. Ensure processes operate as designed and that key indicators are in place to facilitate reliable analysis of the BlueSnap merchant portfolio.
- Ability to work with and influence management regarding risk and compliance issues.
- Experience with online/card not present merchants in electronic/digital commerce channels.
- Persistent and results focused – must be able to deliver results
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills – needs to excel in fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- 4+ years of experience in credit, underwriting, and risk management preferably in the CNP payments industry and preferably managing the entire risk life cycle of customer accounts.
- Excellent written, verbal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Process orientation with a desire to improve processes and drive efficiencies.
- Attention to details.
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Skilled communicator with ability to influence others.
- Proficient use of Excel and other MS Office applications.
- 4-year college degree.
- Versed on Third Party Underwriting/Risk Solution Programs preferred.
- In depth knowledge of card transactions and Visa/MasterCard regulations strongly preferred.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org