BlueSnap is looking for a Senior Accountant will work under the supervision of the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for recording, balancing, and reconciling daily and monthly accounting activities and accounts.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play an integral part in month end close by evaluating and preparing required journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of month end reporting package to management and investors
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist in preparation of schedules for year-end audit
- Assist in Intercompany Reconciliations of Blue Snap’s International subsidiaries
- Assist in ensuring merchants are funded accurately and timely
- Perform various treasury duties including ensuring sufficient cash in correct bank accounts and making bank funding decisions accordingly
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the Accounting Manager
- Ad Hoc Projects as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in accounting is required
- Highly skilled in dealing with high volume financial data sets
- Highly skilled in the use of complex Excel Spreadsheets
- Skilled in use of MS Word and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with NetSuite Accounting software, a plus.
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org