As a Technical Writer at BlueSnap, you will communicate with our merchants and developers worldwide through conceptual documentation, tutorial content, API References, sample code, and videos. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to inspire our developer community through the creation of simple code samples or complex sample applications that will supplement core documentation. You will thrive in a start-up environment with the ability to collaborate with all levels within the company and form strong working relationships with our Israeli and US teams.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
- Be one of the first to use new features as you work with developers and product managers to improve the user experience, UI, error messages, and API design.
- Create meaningful technical and user documentation, step-by-step procedures, and API descriptions.
- Design and organize documentation for APIs and other features in order to present a logical, common sense layout for readers to find the information.
- Work with the product managers to set the goals, priorities and vision for each product while also working with the developers to dig in to the technical details
- Write user guides and help articles for merchants and customers
- Write release notes for our internal teams as well as external notes for our merchants and prospects
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Produce sales and training videos
- Write blogs to support our Marketing team and answer questions in Quora/StackOverflow
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with product documentation, product communications, technical publications or media
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies)
- A good understanding of REST API design, general programming design and principles. Exposure to programming languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, etc. is definitely a plus.
- Innate curiosity for technology; gets hands-on with product to understand how it works
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships
- Familiarity with markdown, GitHub, readme.io, and postman
- Familiarity with a bug tracking system, such as Jira
- Familiarity with iOS and Android
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com