Issue: Users may encounter a blank page when opening some Bluesnap exported/downloaded reports in Microsoft Excel.
- This is the result of a change made by Microsoft when opening certain file types in Excel.
- This change came in Microsoft security updates KB3115262, KB3170008, and KB3115322.
- Previously, when you opened an HTML file with a .XLS file extension, Excel would warn about the mismatch between the file extension and content, but would still open the workbook.
- After applying thee security updates, the workbook will no longer open and Excel will display a blank page.
- Bluesnap will continue to monitor any fixes provided by Microsoft to this issue.
- In the interim, Microsoft has provided several workarounds to the problem which can be found in this Microsoft blog: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/the_microsoft_excel_support_team_blog/2016/07/22/excel-workbooks-may-not-open-after-installing-ms16-088/
Once we have identified a longer-term fix we will notify you.