The following categories of businesses and business practices are prohibited from using the BlueSnap Service (Prohibited Businesses). Most, although not all, of these Prohibited Business categories are imposed by Card Network rules or the requirements of our banking providers or processors. If you are uncertain as to whether your business is a Prohibited Business, or have questions about how these requirements apply to you, please contact us.
By registering for BlueSnap, you are confirming that you will not use the Service to accept payments in connection with prohibited businesses, business activities or business practices.
List of Prohibited Items:
I. You may not sell or promote any items or services prohibited by law in the jurisdiction of transaction.
II. You may not sell or promote any of the items listed below:
- Any illegal or unlawful goods or services or that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others to engage in illegal activity.
- Escort & Bride catalogs, sexual services, mail order brides, prostitution
- Financial consulting services
- Resellers – if you are a reseller of a product or service you must obtain the appropriate reseller certificate or permission.
- Foreign Currency Exchange services or software, binary options
- Live animals, Human body parts/fluids/remains (excluding hair pieces)
- Items that include computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, dishonest adware, crimeware, unauthorized rootkits, and other malicious and/or illegal software.
- Medical Benefit Packages, discount medical cards, Medical/ therapy services, medical consultation services, dental plans
- Pharmaceuticals, prescription/unapproved drugs and devices mimicking illegal drugs
- Phone unlock services, Jail breakers
- Pornography and adult content featuring children and/or individuals under the age of 18 years; and/or featuring rape/violence/bestiality and/or all other illegal sexual content. This includes products or content on your web site where BlueSnap BuyNow links are placed.
- Products that infringe or violate copyright, trademarks, privacy, IP rights
- Pyramid, Ponzi schemes, matrix programs, MLM marketing programs
- Replica, branded name knock-off products, stolen/recalled property, Counterfeit goods
- Satellite, Cable signal decoders/cards
- Selling social media activity, Twitter followers Facebook Likes, YouTube reviews
- Services requiring license to practice legal, medical, therapy, company formation, degrees/diplomas, bank account establishment services
- Sites promoting hatred, racism, religious persecution or contain offensive content
- Virtual Credit
- Virtual gaming chips, credits, penny auctions, auctions with non-refundable bid or participation fees
- Weapons, Firearms, ammunition, explosives, hazardous materials, combustibles, knives
- Illegal gambling
III. Items that require pre-approval by BlueSnap
- Alcoholic beverages
- Astrology/Tarot card, clairvoyants, fortune telling, psychic services, Occult
- Auction/Bids (excluding penny auctions)
- Dating Services
- DVD Converter, decryption
- File-hosting or sharing services, Cyber hosting
- Financial Recommendations
- Movies and Music
- Money Making
- Nutraceuticals, Personal Enhancement products
- Online Gambling, Internet/MOTO gambling, Gambling machines/slots, Gambling/Casinos
- Paper Mills, Essay writing
- PC Technical Support
- Streaming services
- Tobacco, e-Cigarettes, Vaping products
- Travel, Tickets, Entertainment & Events, Conference Registration
- Products and services enabling consumers to circumvent locks, programming codes or security features, or geographic or IP-based restrictions, including through usage of VPN, proxy or anonymous user facilities, or to gain access to features, services, media or content for which the user has not expressly paid or been authorized to access, including mobile phone and mobile device access.
- Software or applications that are designed to track or record a third party’s movements, computer use, mobile device use or network behavior, record key clicks and/or logins, and are designed to do so without such party’s explicit written consent
For pre-approval of such items or if you are uncertain as to the status of a certain type of product please send contact information, your business website URL and a brief business summary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal and payment industry requirements may vary according to the countries and territories in which business is conducted and BlueSnap Inc reserves the right to determine the application of this policy in each instance at its sole discretion. In addition, BlueSnap is subject to each Acquirer’s prohibited categories list and so may prohibit any of the above categories depending on the Acquirer for each transaction.