The following categories of businesses and business practices are prohibited from using the BlueSnap Service (Prohibited Businesses). Most, although not all, of these Prohibited Business categories are imposed by Card Network rules or the requirements of our banking providers or processors. If you are uncertain as to whether your business is a Prohibited Business, or have questions about how these requirements apply to you, please contact us.
By registering for BlueSnap, you are confirming that you will not use the Service to accept payments in connection with prohibited businesses, business activities or business practices.
List of Prohibited Items:
I. You may not sell or promote any items or services prohibited by law in the jurisdiction of transaction.
II. You may not sell or promote any of the items listed below:
- Any illegal or unlawful goods or services or that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others to engage in illegal activity.
- Pornography and adult content featuring children and/or individuals under the age of 18 years; and/or featuring rape/violence/bestiality and/or all other illegal sexual content. This includes products or content on your web site where BlueSnap BuyNow links are placed.
- Any type of payment for escort and/or sexual services.
- Poker or virtual gaming chips, virtual credit, Facebook ‘likes’ etc.
- Corporation formation services and bank account establishment services.
- Resellers – if you are a reseller of a product or service you must obtain the appropriate reseller certificate or permission.
- Items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction.
- Any product that presents a risk to consumers’ safety including and not limited to any kind of weapons, ammunition, hazardous materials, combustibles, corrosives, pharmaceutical products, illegal drugs & drug paraphernalia, prescription drugs or devices, controlled substances, unapproved drugs, unapproved medical devices, live animals, human body parts, fluids, and remains.
- Pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, or certain multi-level marketing programs.
- Items that include computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, dishonest adware, crimeware, unauthorized rootkits, and other malicious and/or illegal software.
- Sites that promote hatred, racism, religious persecution or contain offensive content.
III. Items that require pre-approval by BlueSnap
- Alcoholic beverages
- Auction/Bid services
- Degrees, Diplomas
- Dating services.
- File sharing or file hosting services or membership/access to these services.
- IP Rights
- Money Making
- Financial Consulting
- Foreign Exchange
- Online Gambling
- Technical Support.
- Travel, Tickets, Events, Conference registration
- Products and services enabling consumers to circumvent locks, programming codes or security features, or geographic or IP-based restrictions, including through usage of VPN, proxy or anonymous user facilities, or to gain access to features, services, media or content for which the user has not expressly paid or been authorized to access, including mobile phone and mobile device access.
- Replica and name brand “knock off” products; recalled products.
- Satellite signal decoding products, cards and card programming
- Software or applications that are designed to track or record a third party’s movements, computer use, mobile device use or network behavior, record key clicks and/or logins, and are designed to do so without such party’s explicit written consent
For pre-approval of such items or if you are uncertain as to the status of a certain type of product please send contact information, your business website URL and a brief business summary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal and payment industry requirements may vary according to the countries and territories in which business is conducted and BlueSnap Inc reserves the right to determine the application of this policy in each instance at its sole discretion. In addition, BlueSnap is subject to each Acquirer’s prohibited categories list and so may prohibit any of the above categories depending on the Acquirer for each transaction.